Welcome to Sonu Niigaam and Viviek

We welcome all the fans of Sonu Niigaam Ji here whole heartedly.
We are present here before you with more and more updates on the legendary singer. He is no doubts the King of Playback singing till date. We proudly present the best singer and the divine personality.
Keep logged in for updates..


One who makes a big deal of spirituality,seldom benefits from it!"Sonu Niigaam (160410 1305 Namah, in reply to a message from a friend)

Sunday, August 15, 2010

I want my fans to miss me rather than say they had enough of Me --- Sonu Niigaam Ji ...

Sporting a Jesus-like look these days, singer Sonu Niigaam Ji wants his fans to miss him rather than say they had enough of him...

You do not seem to be singing for films like before.The respect I had myself has grown. I took a step back in 2006. I would rather have people say that they miss me rather than say they had enough of me. I just can’t die counting the number of songs I sing. That is when I decided that every output has to have quality. I am now a singer who is not available for everyone. I do not sing for every offer that comes my way. The work is for quality now.



But it is in these last five years that you have sung the maximum numbers in Kannada.
It is all luck and God’s grace. There was a time, not very long ago, when there were excellent melodies emerging from Bollywood. Hindi films had the best songs. But things have changed and every filmmaker wants a fast, foot-tapping numbers. Comparatively, Kannada film
has no monotony and it surprises me every time.

You are more popular in Kannada than in other languages.
I have been popular in Hindi music for a decade and a half now. In Kannada, I get appropriate
and good songs that has kept me popular.

Being so much in demand means you get to choose the best songs in each film.
That is not done. And it should not be that way. The filmmaker and the composer select me for the song which they feel I should sing. I do not interfere. Luckily the songs I get are good.

God seems to be playing a big role in your success.
I stopped being religious 10 years ago. I am a spiritual person. I am always testing my limits. My father was no star but he worked hard. All we need to do is work hard. The result is not always in our hands.

You cut an album Neene Bari Neene in Kannada last year. Anything new on that front.
Myself, Mano Murthy and Jayanth Kaikini worked on that for free. We also spent our money on that album. It was not for a commercial cause but it was a gift to Kannadigas to say thank you. People should not just depend on films for their music. There is a whole lot of other music. Devotional songs are big in Kannada. I have set my eyes on it...

You manage to sing for Kannada films without coming to Bangalore.
My schedules are tight. But that does not mean that I sing without due diligence. I ask filmmakers to make use of my studio in Mumbai. When I was on a US tour last year, I interacted on video conferencing with composers Harikrishna and Arjun. It was as good as talking face to face. The quality of the work is never compromised.

When you started singing Kannada songs, many felt that your pronunciation was not right.
If the person who is making me sing is happy with what I am delivering then it is fine with me too. Unless and until someone corrects me I will not know if I have pronounced the word correctly. Many in the North address me as Shonu Nigam. I keep telling them it is Sonu Niigaam.

Do you listen to your songs in Kannada?
The title track of Mungaru Male is my favourite. But unfortunately I have not heard all the songs I have sung in Kannada. After the recording is done, I get to hear it only if the filmmakers send me the CD..





No comments:

Post a Comment