Welcome to Sonu Niigaam and Viviek

We welcome all the fans of Sonu Niigaam Ji here whole heartedly.
We are present here before you with more and more updates on the legendary singer. He is no doubts the King of Playback singing till date. We proudly present the best singer and the divine personality.
Keep logged in for updates..


One who makes a big deal of spirituality,seldom benefits from it!"Sonu Niigaam (160410 1305 Namah, in reply to a message from a friend)

Friday, December 23, 2011

Sonu and I have got two more films coming along : Bickram Ghosh ...

"Rhythmscape is my first love!"
Your band Rhythmscape is in its tenth year. How do you think the band has progressed in the last decade?
Rhythmscape is my first love! It’s who I am. That’s the kind of music and sound I believe in. We improvise like crazy on stage. I’m a classical musician and my style is to improvise. But for some other members, who are not classical musicians, it really goes against their grain. So, for them impromptu improvising is a big thing.

We’re much tighter, willing to experiment and improvise, and we are moving into a different space. But the soul of Rhythmscape is absolutely Indian. No compromise there.

What about your music company Melting Pot Productions? How’s that coming along?
Its moving slow because I am very often out of the pot (laughs)! It was a one-man-army kind of scenario. I’ve set up a team of 4-5 people who will now run the company, and hopefully in the next two years we’ll make it much bigger.

Could you share your upcoming musical projects?
Rhythmscape Transformations is coming up in January next year. There’s also an album called Navarasa in the pipeline. I don’t think expressing the nine rasas through rhythm has ever been attempted before. It’s all just drums. Then we have Mortal.
Then there is Tabla Sphere for which I’ve done something that I doubt anyone else has. I’ve done a track called ‘Body drum’ which just includes ‘acapella’ kind of sounds produced from my body. I’ve layered it with my own body sounds. We’ve shot the video about a month ago, so it should be out by February.

Additionally, there’s another potent album called Dragon Fly with Greg Ellis. It’s based on our weird philosophy that everything in this world is about rhythm and not melody.

One of the biggest things I’m doing right now is’ Live In…’ series. I’m curetting 600 shows a year. We’ve already done around 100 fabulous shows in Kolkata and we’re going to Delhi and Mumbai. The idea is to give people the multiplex music experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment