Welcome to Sonu Niigaam and Viviek

We welcome all the fans of Sonu Niigaam Ji here whole heartedly.
We are present here before you with more and more updates on the legendary singer. He is no doubts the King of Playback singing till date. We proudly present the best singer and the divine personality.
Keep logged in for updates..


One who makes a big deal of spirituality,seldom benefits from it!"Sonu Niigaam (160410 1305 Namah, in reply to a message from a friend)

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It pays to be healthy -- Sonu Niigaam Ji

Sonu Niigaam Ji's impressive range and versatility as a singer have ensured him a permanent place in music directors’ list of favourite artistes. His lovable rendition of ‘Zoobi Doobi’ (3 Idiots) has been a unanimous hit, proving once again that despite the dwindling numbers of his Bollywood tracks per year, he remains as popular as ever.

We caught up with Sonu Ji about his upcoming Bollywood songs, acting assignments, His next album and His message to aspiring singers.

On His Bollywood projects…
I’ve sung one song in Mani Ratnam’s Ravana.  I don’t remember the exact lyrics as I had sung it long ago. Nevertheless, I had a fantastic time crooning the song; it’s always been great working with A R Rahman. Besides this, I have no Bollywood film in the pipeline.

On His acting assignments…
Acting offers keep pouring in but I don’t want to sign anything just for the sake of it. I want to do something meaningful, artistic, satisfying and something that’s beyond commercial-value. Recently, two projects have fascinated me but they are still at a scripting stage so I’m still uncertain about them.

On regional music…  
I have been working in regional cinema from a very long time now. I had a wonderful experience singing in different languages, and so far I have received overwhelming response for my regional songs. Recently, I released my Kannada album Neene Bari Neena. It has music by Mano Murthy and has become quite popular amongst the youth.

On reality shows…
I think reality shows have become a big platform for budding singers. While that is good, I feel I have no right to comment on them.

On his favourite music…
I feel music lovers should keep experimenting with all sorts of music. If you ask me, I love listening to all genres of music. But preferably, I enjoy listening to Indian classical, world music and Jazz.

On His next album…
Yes, I’m doing an album and the work is in the process.  I won’t be able to divulge many details.

On His favourite contemporary singers…
I like Sunidhi Chauhan, KK, Kunal Ganjawala and Kailash Kher’s style of singing.

On fitness…
I always like to be fit and I think it’s important to live a healthy life. I think other singers too have realised the importance of fitness. Moreover, it also increases your stamina which ultimately helps you in singing.

His message to young singers…
I think playback singing is not the only form of singing and the younger lot of generation should think of other avenues like live performances, forming a band, classical concerts etc.

http://www.planetradiocity.com/musicreporter/interview.php?interviewid=428

Cheers!! Keep logged in..

No comments:

Post a Comment