Welcome to Sonu Niigaam and Viviek

We welcome all the fans of Sonu Niigaam Ji here whole heartedly.
We are present here before you with more and more updates on the legendary singer. He is no doubts the King of Playback singing till date. We proudly present the best singer and the divine personality.
Keep logged in for updates..


One who makes a big deal of spirituality,seldom benefits from it!"Sonu Niigaam (160410 1305 Namah, in reply to a message from a friend)

Friday, January 15, 2010

Sonu Niigaam Ji : Rahman and I share an ehsaas

Here's an exclusive interview of the versatile and the noted singer of Bollywood Sonu Niigaam Ji 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I die each time I perform on stage
Yet nothing can match the ‘ecstasy’ of performing live for Sonu. “The idea is to shock people. I keep innovating. Recently, I paid a tribute to Michael Jackson performing the Billie Jean number and even did the moonwalk,” he recalls. “For the period of two to three hours that
I am on stage, I die. I cease to exist. I don’t itch, I don’t feel hungry and I don’t feel the urge to go to the loo either. The only thing I need is water because my throat goes dry. My wife, my child, my parents, my career cease to exist then. It’s just a feeling of being suspended. Being on stage gives me an orgasmic high.” And then he adds esoterically, “Orgasm is death after all.”

The rollercoaster can kill you
Sonu explains why he has deliberately weaned away from playback singing. “I don’t want to depend on anything to the extent that when you don’t have it you are devastated. The same happens in love. I learnt the lesson that one should not love anyone so much that he or she breaks you down. It’s the same with your career. You get so involved with it, you forget that there’s a life beyond. If there is a high, the downslide is certain too. The rollercoaster can kill you. So I changed my path and withdrew into a shell,” he explains. Pausing, he adds,“I had problems in my personal life too. It’s then that I started living alone for a while. I went to the Himalayas for a week and enjoyed the isolation. I told myself, ‘One fine day you will find that your singing has gone obsolete and girls are no longer falling over you and you have neither learnt anything nor seen life from any other perspective’.”

Rahman and I share a silence, an ehsaas
So Sonu deliberately ‘hiked’ his price to distance himself. “Instead of doing 50 songs a month I decided to do just two songs. The rest of the time I wanted to spend in silence and in seeking who I am,” he says adding, “Music composers today have understood that money lies in events. So they have either started singing songs themselves or giving songs to
those who will perform in their shows. The entire game has changed. Composers come to me only for special songs, barring a few like Sajid-Wajid, Shantanu Moitra and A R Rahman with whom I have worked consistently.” Interestingly, Sonu and Rahman, both dubbed as soul-searchers, are not really comrades in conversation. “We share a silence of sorts. He knows that I know what he knows. He is quite like me — detached from things. We meet each other cordially, we do the song and I leave. We don’t connect via emails or talk on the phone. I think it’s good this way. Rahman and I just share an ehsaas (feeling),” Sonu decodes the equation.

Keep Logged in for more updates...

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment